Director of Development - Washington, Oregon, Idaho, AlaskaCompany: Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
Date Posted: March 15, 2018
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the continent’s leader in waterfowl and wetlands conservation, seeks a Director of Development with the following primary responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations that are part of an identified prospect portfolio to support the conservation mission of Ducks Unlimited and ensure the success of the $2.0 billion Rescue Our Wetlands campaign.
- Coordinate with conservation and development colleagues to develop proposals and secure funding for Ducks Unlimited’s priorities as defined in the Strategic Plan, to include support for operations, conservation in key landscapes and educational programs.
- Partner with the event staff to raise awareness of DU’s major gift program to increase major gift revenue in the region.
- Collaborate with other fundraising staff to assist in achieving all annual fundraising team goals.
- Work with the volunteer leadership to motivate and guide all volunteers to assist with major gift fundraising.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the State Campaign Committee in assigned states.
- Achieve goals established in Annual Work Plan.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years fundraising or related experience with an emphasis on personal major gift solicitation and a strong conservation ethic. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship and team building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to and experience with prospect moves management
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to other fundraising professionals and volunteers
- Computer literacy with a proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database management programs
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and is driven to succeed. Familiarity with planned giving, experience with comprehensive campaigns, relationships in and a working knowledge of the region’s philanthropic community, and an interest in outdoor conservation activities are also desired. The selected candidate should have the desire and ability to travel extensively within the region and will be expected to reside in a mutually agreed upon city in the region.
This position reports to Managing Director of Development, Steve Schmitt, who may be contacted for additional information about the position at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume indicating your qualifications and outlining why you are interested in the position by going to https://tinyurl.com/ducksdevelopment to register or log-in to ADP and follow the prompts to APPLY.
Resume review will begin on April 6, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.