Development (Fundraising) DirectorCompany: American Heart Association
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
At the American Heart Association, you can find satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment and can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. You can work for an organization that has been recognized by the NonProfit Times as “One of the Best Non Profits to Work” year after year. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a fundraising and/or sales professional to fill a Development Director position in Fairbanks. As the Director, you are responsible for a $585,00 revenue goal generated through year-round fundraising including a variety of events and activities in addition to our 2 large signature campaigns, Heart Walk & Go Red. This is a home-office based position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, recruit and cultivate leadership volunteers, building strong relationships to achieve established goals
- Maintain and grow current corporate cash sponsorship and identify and secure new business
- Promote corporate and community participation in local activities
- Event planning and execution
- 10+ face to face meetings per week with current donors, volunteers and sponsors as well as new business development.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years successful experience in fundraising, sales or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment, training, and management
- Highly effective organizational, negotiations and interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Self-starter able to work well in a team driven environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong business literacy and professional communication skills including business correspondence and professional writing. Experience creating and designing professional presentations for community health partners, corporate sponsors and return on investment packages utilizing programs such as Microsoft Publisher and Power Point.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Experience with the AHA or a similar nonprofit organization
- Knowledge of AHA’s mission and programs.
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks in the Fairbanks area.
- Experience creating and making professional presentations to business leaders.
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Visit our Career Center at www.heart.org/careers to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled