Development & Communications AssociateCompany: Alzheimer's Resource of Alaska
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
The Communication and Development Associate will work closely with the Development Director. The Essential Job Functions are:
- Assist and coordinate publicity for agency including program and fundraising events.
- Assist with effective media relations to include producing press releases, calendar releases and media kits.
- Assist and implements effective media campaigns throughout the state.
- Updates the agency website as directed.
- Drafts, writes and edits articles about staff, board, volunteers, families, events, programs, services, awards, appointments, projects, etc. Productively seeks media placement of these as news releases, PSA's, or other vehicles to increase public awareness of the agency and its services.
- Designs, writes and produces agency's advertising materials (print ads, articles, radio PSA's). Coordinating with the Education Specialists for statewide distribution of these materials.
- Produce flyers, postcards, posters and promotional materials for all programs. Tracking promotional outreach through promotional efforts.
- Identifies, develops and maintains social media venues to increase awareness of agency and its programs.
- Responsible for digital library. Photographs or coordinates volunteers to photograph events for publication and for record keeping. Videotapes education workshops and catalogues these in library as needed.
- Obtains current information on research, legislation, public policy and health issues for in-house materials, reports and data analysis as needed.
- Assist with prospect and foundation research.
- Assist with drafting and editing proposals, track opportunities, manage timelines and provide follow-up.
- Manage donor administration activities, including drafting donor reports, donor database entry, updates, invitations, thank you notes, and other materials.
- Assist with online fundraising strategies, campaigns and calls to action. Assist planning tactics for online mobilization, outreach and small donor fundraising.
- Work with Development Director to develop and execute consistent communication to cultivate and grow the donor base.
- Assist with logistics and arrangements for reserving meeting spaces, makes arrangements for food and beverage service for meetings and special events as needed.
- Handles sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Acts as back-up for Receptionist, assisting with answering telephones, greeting guests, and other front desk duties as needed. Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Graphic Design or related field.
- Some of the education requirement may be substituted for additional work experience (e.g. Associate degree or two years college credit in the above fields or two years paid work experience communications or development).
- Experience in news writing, public relations, journalism and/or graphic design.
- Ability to pass a state and federal criminal background check.
- Valid Alaska driver's license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong attention to details.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn about Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other desktop publishing software.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar website applications.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams.
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, follow directions and organize materials and time.
- Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to drive, and to use personal vehicle for Agency business.
Physical and Special Requirements
- Must have the ability to perform lifting and transferring of no less than fifty pounds and demonstrate good body mechanics while performing these tasks.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties.
Send a cover letter, design sample and resume to Lorraine Guyer at email@example.com or by mail to ARA Attention L Guyer, 1750 Abbott Road, Anchorage, AK 99507