Seasonal Coordinator, Walk MS (NAT2747)Company: National MS Society
Date Posted: January 18, 2018
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward. We partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. Staff members engage volunteers through effective and timely communications, facilitating meaningful opportunities, and continually seeking and providing feedback for reciprocal growth and learning.
The National MS Society is seeking a high-energy, results-driven individual to join our Development team as a Seasonal Coordinator, Walk MS.
The Seasonal Coordinator, Walk MS will support the successful execution of Walk MS events and other assigned events in the market through recruitment and cultivation of participants and teams, community outreach, top fundraiser recognition, and general support. The Development Coordinator acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service.
Responsibilities include coaching, supporting, and engaging participants and volunteers, providing needed logistical/administrative support, and supporting donor recognition activities to ensure an exceptional event experience for all. This position reports to the Manager, Walk MS and oversees revenue in Anchorage area. This is a part-time temporay position working approximately 20 hours per week January 2018 - May 2018.
The position is also responsible for event execution and budgeted revenue of the assigned leadership event, The Chocolate Affair. This position is responsible for recruiting, training and leading and volunteers to meet and exceed event campaign goals. This position will also work closely with the Senior Manager, Leadership Events on this event.
Execute campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants and sponsors for assigned events
- Increase participant engagement through cultivation and recruitment activities
- With guidance from development leadership accelerates revenue growth by ensuring each Walk MS event market has a strong event experience, including all VIP level recognition. Works in collaboration with the logistics team (in-house or outsourced).
- Collaborate with the market staff to implement successful team fundraising and recruitment weeks to maximize these efforts.
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Manage communication schedule and execute electronic communication with participants and donors.
- Assist event participants with registration & participant center support
- Conduct personal outreach to participants to provide coaching around how to utilizing our online resources to increase their fundraising
- Conduct personal outreach and stewardship of local event sponsors; identify new sponsor opportunities in the local market
- Manages call sheets for all event-related gifts and large gift tracking related to special events
- Support timely and accurate reporting support for the development department
- Provide Customer service for Mass Market Event participants and donors and serve as fundraising resource for all event participants.
- Manage key aspects of events as related to top fundraiser and team experience and recognition. Examples may include set up and management of Team Village, registration process or start and finish line areas
- Provide support on site at each event
- Coordinate design and production of all awards and recognition pieces
- Assist with management of all VIP cultivation and recognition activities
- Coordinate production of all event materials including utilizing Society sourced print houses to coordinate printing, managing prep and assembly when necessary
Generate revenue and execute leadership event -- Chocolate Affair
- Generate $30,000 in Leadership Events revenue while providing guidance to the volunteer committee supporting the event
- Stay within the budget for Chocolate Affair ensuring that revenue and expenses are effectively managed and adjusted as indicated or needed; provide progress reports and revenue/expense projections to Senior Manager, Leadership Events.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships individual donors
- Solicit sponsorship and auction items for Chocolate Affair event by working with the committee
- Ensure high-end customer service for the Society's contributors.
- Work to ensure that all donor records are accurately recorded into the national database and to facilitate donor recognition.
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Attend and participate in event committee meetings as necessary to understand the role of committee and provide appropriate staff support.
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions.
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- In lieu of a degree, a candidate with some college and at least 3 years of experience coordinating events and fundraising activities will be considered.
- Two years related experience in event planning/ management and/or fundraising
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to work independently while effectively prioritizing multiple projects and activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting and with large groups.
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Goal and results driven.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook- strong aptitude for learning database systems.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- (IF APPLICABLE) This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- (IF APPLICABLE) Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website: