Development CoordinatorCompany: Alaska World Affairs Council
Date Posted: December 15, 2017
About the Alaska World Affairs Council:
The Alaska World Affairs Council is an educational not-for-profit organization offering meaningful and interactive opportunities for Alaskans to engage the world. We strive to provide our community with a wide spectrum of perspectives, remaining nonpartisan in the conviction that better access to education in international affairs is necessary for sound democratic citizenship in our local, national and global community.
The Development Coordinator is a part-time non-exempt position responsible for supporting the Alaska World Affairs Council’s development efforts in collaboration with the Board of Directors and staff team to grow and strengthen the Council’s programming and community impact. The ideal candidate will be a detail-orientated outgoing self-starter who can prioritize and complete duties on time with a positive attitude.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for accurately logging constituent and donation information into the constituent relationship management database, responding to donor inquiries in a timely manner, supporting and establishing relationship building strategies, and generating acknowledgement and renewal letters in a timely manner. In conjunction with the President, Deputy Director, and Board of Directors, this position provides and supports ongoing donor stewardship and cultivation.
Scheduling is flexible and there is potential for the position to grow in hours and responsibilities. Professional development encouraged in relation to fundraising and development skills.
Position Duties Include:
- Maintaining the donor database, updating donor and prospect records, creating records, and handling donor inquires. Ensuring database is regularly evaluated for duplicates and correct information.
- Generating and sending acknowledgement and renewal letters.
- Supporting, establishing, and executing donor stewardship and cultivation strategies.
- Assisting in the planning of fundraising events, which may include securing event sponsorships and making donation requests.
- Leading the identification of new grant opportunities for organizational support. Preparing grant applications and proposals for submission. Providing timely reports as required for received grants.
- Providing support to President and Board of Directors on sponsorship proposals, including conducting research, preparing proposals, and assisting with follow up communications.
- Compiling donor and engagement statistics for executive and board reports.
- Processing donations from receipt to acknowledgement and deposit.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Have at least one year of professional experience in fundraising or sales.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be computer savvy with experience using: Macintosh Operating Systems; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; donor database software (Little Green Light); Google email and calendar; and Dropbox.
- Proven competency in communicating professionally across channels including on the phone, in writing, in-person, and on social media.
- Strong attention to detail particularly relating to basic math functions and data entry.
- Be available to work 10 hours each week with flexible scheduling between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Longer shifts of 4-5 hours preferred.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, January 19th at 5:00pm
Interested candidates should submit by email:
- A cover letter detailing their experience as it relates to the duties of the Development Coordinator, as described in this posting; and
- A resume documenting professional, education, and community experience, particularly as it relates to the required qualifications described above.
Application documents should be submitted as PDF attachments to Alyssa Bish, Deputy Director of the Alaska World Affairs Council, at email@example.com.