Philanthropy OfficerCompany: Arctc Slope Community Foundation
Date Posted: January 10, 2018
Title: Philanthropy Officer Employment Type: Full Time Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Are you seeking a new and exciting opportunity to create a position where you never do the same thing? Come join the Arctic Slope Community Foundation Team. We are looking for a bright, energetic and enthusiastic individual who is a go getter to create the Philanthropy Officer position within our company.
Job Summary: The Philanthropy Officer supports Arctic Slope Community Foundation's fundraising team in securing revenue from individuals, businesses, organizations and other foundations. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director to identify, cultivate, and steward individual prospects in alignment with Arctic Slope Community Foundation's programs and strategic plan. The Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for overseeing events, including annual galas and other smaller events, creating and managing annual campaigns, and collaborating regularly with Arctic Slope Community Foundation Executive Director. The Philanthropy Officer will help secure resources that will allow Arctic Slope Community Foundation to expand its impact to strengthen our culture of giving and improve the quality of life among the people of the Arctic Slope.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops annual fund and revenue campaign through multi-channel campaigns;
- Create and maintains a portfolio of mid-level donors and develops annual plans for portfolio donors, as well as actively identifies new prospects;
- Actively stewards and identifies plan for major donor prospects through events, communications, and other opportunities;
- In conjunction with Executive Director, develops comprehensive event strategy, including successful annual fundraising gala, while focusing on growing event revenue;
- Oversees the planning and execution of events with support from the Executive Director and volunteers
- Prepares fundraising reports and proposals, donor recognition lists, presentations, and other materials as needed;
- Establishes a planned giving portfolio and identifies new major donors to talk with for a legacy gift;
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of Arctic Slope Community Foundation's various projects and initiatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A deep commitment to the mission of the Arctic Slope Community Foundation;
- Superior thinking, speaking, and writing skills, and an ability to communicate Arctic Slope Community Foundation programs, projects, and activities for purposes of fundraising;
- Leadership, collaboration, and consensus-building skills;
- Ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels, including Arctic Slope Community Foundation management and volunteers, board members, donors, contractors, outside vendors and suppliers, and other variety of members, and to proactively seek ways to contribute to team success;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other fundraising-related software;
- Commitment to Arctic Slope Community Foundation's core values of mission first, collaborative, and constructive.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in fundraising or a related field, preferably including fundraising event experience;
- Demonstrated success raising funds from individuals, including major donors;
- Experience with nonprofit organizations required;
- Experience working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
Reporting: The Philanthropy Officer will report to the Executive Director.