Development Administrative AssistantCompany: AWAIC (Abused Women's Aid in Crisis)
Date Posted: December 6, 2017
Title: Development Administrative Assistant
Supervised by: Development Director
Salary: $17.26/hour + DOE, Non-Exempt, Part-Time, Non-benefitted
The Development Administrative Assistant is a part-time (24 hours per week) non-exempt position responsible for providing administrative support for the Development Department.
The Development Administrative Assistant is responsible for accurately logging donor information into the donor database, generating receipts and tax letters in a timely manner, and providing support to the Development Director and Development Coordinator as needed.
Scheduling is flexible, but requires occasional evening and weekend availability. This position requires reliable transportation.
- GED or High school Diploma
- Associates degree from an accredited institution or two (2) years of experience providing administrative support.
- Proficiency in computer use and Microsoft software such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to efficiently and correctly count currency and assemble bank deposits
- Must possess a valid State of Alaska Driver’s License
- One year experience in fundraising or development work
- Experience with donor management software
Essential Functions Include And Are Not Limited To:
- Greet and assist donors and other visitors in a professional manner
- Accurately document all donor information into donor software database. Ensure database is regularly evaluated for duplicates and correct information
- Generate thank you letters for all cash and in-kind gifts within 48 hours of gift being made
- Provide administrative support duties to include check request preparation, filing, taking and typing meeting minutes, and document preparation
- Coordinate with the Development Director to prepare for committee meetings
- Provide support to the Development Director and Development Coordinator as related to special events, community events, and volunteers
AWAIC staff is required to have a biennial background check by the approved authority. All history of convictions will be reviewed by the Human Resources Department and Executive Director which may exclude an individual from employment as outlined in AWAIC policies.
For more information, or to apply, visit http://www.awaic.org/get-involved/employment.