Development FellowCompany: Alaska SeaLife Center
Date Posted: October 9, 2017
Position requirements: 30 hours per week in development and 10 hours per week supporting front of house operation of ticketing and interpretation
The Development Fellow will learn about best practices for nonprofit fundraising and building/maintaining donor relationships. Fundraising activities will include helping grow the ASLC memberships, identifying target prospects for grant proposals, planning and execution of various events, maintaining the donor data base, and helping with strategies to retain donors. Under guidance of development staff, the Fellow will be trained in and expected to perform the following duties:
- Work with the Development Manager and Coordinator to achieve the Center’s goals with respect to fundraising and cultivation opportunities.
- Assist the Development Manager and Coordinator in maintaining the Center’s donor database, Altu; to include donations, prospective donors and members.
- Assist in the planning of fundraising events, which may include securing event sponsorships/donation requests.
- Assist, as needed, with our main fundraising event, the Alaska Marine Gala. The fellow will become an important member of this planning team.
- Assist with correspondence between the ASLC and donors and/or prospective donors.
- Assist in identifying new grant proposal prospect organizations or foundations. When possible participate in proposal development.
- Other duties as assigned by the development department.
- Assist at the Ticketing Counter or with the Interpretation Department as assigned.
To apply for this fellowship position, please go to our website at www.alaskasealife.org
You may also contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com
Applications are due by October 31st at 5 pm Alaska time.